Sign in to follow this  
markgann

American ruger in 270

I have been wanting to get my 15 year old son a 270 for elk hunting. I was looking at the American ruger 270. Haven't heard much about this gun and was wanting to know if any of you guys had any feed back on it. The walmart here in payson has some under $400. Any comments would be helpfull. Thanks

It's a great gun! I wouldn't hesitate buying it for your son. Very positive reviews across the board.

I have that rifle. Bought it for my wife. We both like shooting it. Put a vortex scope on it and it shoots an inch easy with handloads. It comes with a really recoil pad. If you watch online u can find them for 300 bucks. Buy it you wont regret it

I bought the ruger 270 for $267 but I wasn't happy with walmart and how long it took me to purchase it. Applied for it last sat. Said I had to wait to get approved then they would call went by this afternoon and they said I was approved but no call to let me know. Then I had to wait 45 min for them to figure out how to sell it to meany one else have this problem before. Great gun at a great price. Thanks