Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

Green River Cicada Hatch Flyfishing 6.24.14

With our waters in the Roaring Fork Valley still just a touch high, my friends MJ, Jack and I headed to the Green river below Flaming Gorge Reservoir.  The rumor on the street was the Cicada hatch was in full swing and the flows had come down.  We fished for 2.5 days and it was unreal!  The guys fished Cicadas all day and caught some unbelievable fish.  My hands and arms are a bit sore after working the oars but it was an amazing trip.  I took a ton of photos of the beautiful fish and the historic canyon.  The takes were explosive on the surface and often came with a loud splash!  I will be posting several days worth of photos over the next few days.  The Green Drakes and awesome caddis hatches are just around the corner and the fishing in Colorado is about to get real good.  Check out the awesome reminder of God's creation in the sunset below.

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+1.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+2.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+3.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+4.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+5.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+6.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+7.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+8.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+9.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+10.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+11.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+12.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+13.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+14.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+15.JPG

Green+river+flyfishing+during+Cicada+hatch+in+june+2014++with+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+16.JPG

View the full article

Retirement can't get here soon enough. Is it possible to float it in my pontoon boat Jay? This definitely is on my bucket list for sure. The pictures are great and makes one feel they are there. Thanks for sharing.

TJ

Sign in to follow this