elpepe25

Ground Blinds

All very good advise traveler

Forget the mesh in your shooting window

And make sure you can shoot from the chair without much/Any movement

Mike

By the way,

Got a call a little bit ago about setting up my A.S. blind for my buddy who has the DB for his wifes elk hunt :huh:

Must not be TOOOOOOO Bad :P

All very good advise traveler

By the way,

Got a call a little bit ago about setting up my A.S. blind for my buddy who has the DB for his wifes elk hunt :huh:

Must not be TOOOOOOO Bad :P

Oh no! :huh: You still aren't using them A. S. blinds are you? Well maybe Peg and I will just sit on the ground instead. ;) Just kidding Mike. I appreciate your help and look forward to this Friday. :lol: :lol:

The A.S. blinds are worth their money but so are the DB blinds if you have the bucks. All the infor on here is right on the money. I don't like the leaves on the A.S.'s because they move with such little air movement. Enjoy your new one! :D

TJ

i have on of the big cabelas lightning set blinds....works great, deer didnt seem to be bothered by it...i put it out a week before the opener as well...even shot a deer out of it through the mesh windows

I really apprieciate the help folks, this is good stuff i will use.

Another coupla ?s

1. how do you keep the rodents from munchin on your blind

2 would it be smart to dig a hole a foot or so deep where the blind covers to get a better shot out the window?

thank you for all the help

I really apprieciate the help folks, this is good stuff i will use.

Another coupla ?s

1. how do you keep the rodents from munchin on your blind

2 would it be smart to dig a hole a foot or so deep where the blind covers to get a better shot out the window?

thank you for all the help

The lightning blinds that cabelas sale work great and I set one right out in the open and didn't brush it up.40 minutes later I had my buck down. If you saw where my blind was you would have called me crazy or even stupid, which I might be anyway.TJ had so much great success with the ground blinds that I had to try it .I was also lucky enough to sit a friend of mine in a spot that had some nice tails coming in and I watched him shoot a 128 plus gross tail at about 20 yards. that was a rush let me tell you . Blinds who needs them ??lol

I had an Ameristep Brickhouse set up for elk hunting in unit 5A and on the second day of the hunt the sorry maggot forest service ranger left a big red warning ticket with a note. It said the trail cam. and the blind was abandoned property and if not picked up would be confiscated. It also said when not being occupied it needs to be removed. The name on the ticket is officer Jon C. Selby. Badge No. 1256. There was also a couple of phone numbers to call. I tried calling a number of times and left messages. I guess I wasted about $400. on two blinds. Arizona is turning into a police state. I am sure one of the paying outfitters wanting to hunt the water hole complained, because in the remote area I was hunting I never saw a single game and fish officer or a forest service person in two weeks of hunting. Mr. Ranger must have showed up in the middle of the day when I wasn't there. Sure makes me mad. I wasn't making claim to the water hole. As a matter of fact if someone showed up when I wasn't there, I wouldn't have minded if they used the blind.

How do you keep the rodents from munching and/or making a home outta your blind?

How do you keep the rodents from munching and/or making a home outta your blind?

Someone out there makes a product you can put on your ground blind that is supposed to keep rodents from chewing it up. I can't remember where I saw it though... Maybe the double bull site? I know I wasn't much help, but there is supposed to be something out there for this.

I have not had any problem with them chewing my blind and it has been out for months at a time.

I have had them chew my cushion that was on my chair for nesting material.

Mike

turns out that im a nerd that likes to read up on all i can get my hands on before trying anything, so....If theres any more tips out there, keep'em comin

I really apprieciate all the help from all of you

thanks a million

Choose any pop out blind- brush it in(if you choose) and hunt. Although make sure it is blacked out on the inside.

Shine , leaves blowing in the wind doesn't matter at all ( IMO )

I have used alot of different blinds and they all worked out.

Most of the game I have taken or filmed while in a pop up came out of a Ameristep blind. I have had turkey , elk , coues , mulies etc...as close as 5 yrds from my shiney , leafy , blind with no PROBLEM............ Just keep the light on your back side to a minium and there will be no issue. ;)

thanks to all who added here, i really apprieciate all the help

thx

Rob