Sign in to follow this  
hntnIwlgo

Herd of Antelope Bucks

Last week my husband were up in the mountains for some wildlife viewing. We saw a herd of 9 antelope, all bucks. How common is that? I know bull elk and deer bucks will be together at times but I did not know that antelope bucks did the same. I'm attaching a photo though it is not the best. They were very far away and I zoomed in as far as I could. So just how common is a herd of 9 antelope being all bucks?

post-5057-0-94351700-1404708111_thumb.jpg

Guest 300ultramag.

Fawns are on the ground... And dads want nothing to do with em!!! Lol they should start cruising here in the next month!!' Can't wait

I ain't never seen that many bucks together before but then I don't live where they are either. Thanks for sharing Deb. That's pretty awesome. :)

TJ

The bucks run together in groups in late spring and into early August before the rut starts. I have seen groups as large as 26, all bucks. Sometimes the great big bucks don't join the group and prefer to hang out with one or two other bucks or stay by themselves.

Very pretty buck you have there in your avatar pic Hntn !

• Like 1

azbow is correct, some bucks will hang together in groups, while some seem to stay separate...I normally see bucks in smaller groups, but I suppose it depends on the population.