Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

Need a favor

Guys and gals,

I know alot of you take pictures all the time. I am putting together a Power Point presentation for an upcoming NM hunter education class (I'm an instructor). I'm revamping an old slide presentation on habitat improvements and management but don't have a good picture of a big game animal drinking from a dirt tank or windmill. I would appreciate if any of you could post a picture here that I could copy and use. I'll give credit to the photo if you want.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin, I have a video of a bull I took a couple septembers ago during the rut. The bull walks right under my tree stand and then out into the water hole, bugleing the whole time. I don't know if you can use a video but I could make you a copy if you could use it. I'll look thru my trail camera pics and see what I can find

Mike

Mike, thanks for your effort. Although I'd like to see the video (who wouldn't?) I don't need it for my purposes. If you can find a trail cam pic of one I would certainly appreciate it though.

Kevin

Hopefully these will help you out, I have tons more. Let me know if you are looking for something a little different. Justin

area52031.jpg

santaritapics006-1.jpg

santarita3028.jpg

4017.jpg

4014.jpg

santarita3080.jpg

Justin, Them are some great pics...Thanks fer sharin.

Here's a few more you're welcome to use if you'd like! Sorry I don't have more, but I've learned the hard way to not set up the cameras over water anymore.

post-25-1169823662_thumb.jpg

post-25-1169823687_thumb.jpg

post-25-1169823716_thumb.jpg

post-25-1169823746_thumb.jpg

post-25-1169823544_thumb.jpg

post-25-1169823609_thumb.jpg

Yep, it's pretty secluded. I doubt anyone would find it if they weren't looking for it. Probably a half mile or so from the end of a real rough 4x4 trail. It's up a drainage on a desert mountian in unit 24B. It never got a lot of action, but there are a few white tail and muleys that use it along with a herd of pigs. I haven't been to it in several years now.

Justin and TAM, thanks for the pictures! I appreciate them.

TAM, I know exactly what you mean by leaving cams at tanks. I'm in the process of building another cam myself because I " :angry: donated one for the cause".

Thanks again for your generosity.

Kevin

TAM, When I think I've hit gold with a water hole for whatever reason, the camera pics are usually a let down. Secluded honey holes haven't worked for me yet. I hiked in two hours with a buddy to see if a natural water hole existed from our maps. We thought we had struck a gold all to ourselves. The reality was there was very few deer pics and only one pic of a decent three by, and the camera was there for almost three mo.! What a dissapointment that was.

Kevin your welcome, let me know if you have need for any more.

I agree, just because it's in a secluded area doesn't mean it will produce. Some tanks are just duds! I often wonder though, if things don't change from one year to the next. Perhaps because of rain fall, cattle, lions, feed, etc. Perhaps tanks that seem like duds this year will be great for next year?

Don't feel bad Kevin, I've donated 3. Luckly they were cheapies that I've since replaced with nice home brew digitals. You live and you learn.