Sign in to follow this  
COUESAZ

Manfroto

Well my Manfroto tripod and pistol grip came today. I bought it for a great price on sportsmans journal site. This thing was like it just came off the shelf and i got it for a still of a deal. Almost for the price of one peice of the set up. I will just use this as a main spotter from our main glassing spots. I have my light weight one for in my pack. It is amazing how much more clarity you get out of your optics with such a strong base under them. My other tripods are good ones and were not cheap , but this thing is awesom.

post-171-1170396343_thumb.jpg

post-171-1170396357_thumb.jpg

They are heavy and bulky but you cant beat them for stability. I was crazy enough to carry 2 of them on my scouting trips and then got smart and decided to pack just one.

Does the pistol grip get tiring after a while? Never used them and the ones I've played around with in the stores were really hard to grip up, do you have an adjuster where it makes the gripping easier?

The little dial or wheel in the middle of the grip is the tension adjuster. I usually keep mine pretty 'loose'. It could get tired if you hold it all the time, but I find it is not that difficult to pan with it, and only really need to squeeze the grip to move it vertically. There are pros and cons to the pistol grip and the fluid heads.

Yes i have this one adjusted all the out and it is not much to work it. If it is all the in it is a bit hard on your wrist.

Ive been using the same manfrotto/pistol grip head for ten years now. worth every ounce in your backpack when its time to glass especially on windy days. Mine has a ton of miles on it and a lot more to come. I did shorten the legs on mine so it would fit in my pack better.