ctracingraptor

Need help finding a LR rifle

Dont believe the myth that light rifles will not shoot. And if you hunt hard, weight matters.

What are all your categories that heavy rifles win in?

The light gun can shoot just as good for a few shots. The heavy gun wins in stability every time. Its alot easier to shoot a heavy gun than light. If you dont think so then why does every experienced shooter that shoots competitively, bump right up next to the weight limit? More stable.

We are talking shooting competitions here? If so, sure the heavier contour rifles have inherent benefits.

It irks me that hunters think they have to carry 12 pound rifles to shoot 500 yards -

Light done right is a very good thing -

• Like 1

Check out blackopsprecision.com- Guaranteed to shoot 3/8" at 100 yds with factory ammo.....bad butt rifles...

We are talking shooting competitions here? If so, sure the heavier contour rifles have inherent benefits.

It irks me that hunters think they have to carry 12 pound rifles to shoot 500 yards -

Light done right is a very good thing -

Well I completely agree with that, but then again, I don't consider 500yds to be "long range".

I don't either. That's the range though that you can finally tell how good of a load you really have...grin...

It's a blast to ring gongs way out there with rifles that weigh less than 7 pounds all up. It's nice to carry these same rifles way up and over the mountain too -

I know, i cant wait to work up a load for my 6lb 5oz 6.5x47 on the rams this fall. Its my new sheep/canyon gun. The 16lb snipe-tac will be on no more hikes.