az_shooter

Grim Reaper Broadheads

Anybody ever use these? What is your thoughts on these Broadheads and how do they compare to other high end expandable heads you've used?

We've shot NAP Spitfires for a long time and have never had a problem with them. Spitfires are almost the same thing as the Grimreapers. Screw them on and kill something with them. Plus you'll hear them open up on contact. Its cool as heck hearing that sound.

120carp, how do the spitfires fly, I know every company says that their heads fly like field tips but how close to a field tip are they, did you have to do any tuning or just screw them on and let them fly?

I used them for a season when they first came out. They flew good. My reason for not using them any longer was the blades would break off in the block target after repeated shooting. This bothered me. Another negative I had with them was their body would bend very easy. I was fairly new to archery when I shot these, so I am sure a lot has changed since then. As far as accuracy, they were like a field point out to 50.

Buddy just shot a bull in the shoulder and only got 11 measured inches of penetration. The broadhead broke off at the threads and the shaft fell out. Shot was 55 yards with a 100 gr chisel tip GD on a 450 grain Easton ACC @ 285 fps.

Probably a great BH for deer, but I don't think I feel comfortable with using them for elk after last week's experience.

Ive used them for a few years. They flew good but I did loose a few animal I should have recovered. I went back to fixed blade slick tricks. They still fly good and its one less thing to go wrong. I believe that there are so many variables that can go wrong when archery hunting I figured I would eliminate one of them by switching to a fixed blade. Now theres really not much that will blow through a shoulder of a mature bull elk. I hit one tuesday morning in the shoulder. Arrow fell right out with cartalige adn bone fragments embeded in the broadhead. A blade even broke on it. The elk hobbled off. Saw him again wednesday morning with a limp and a few cows. If anything was going to blow threw the shoulder it would have been a fixed blade. Note for next tag. Aim back a little more ;)

I used this broadhead to kill my coues deer in Jan. And man did it do some damage! It ripped open his jugular and broke his shoulder bone in half! I think it almost ripped off his whole leg! And I am a girl using 45 pounds to draw back and that was at 40yds. I thought that broadhead did some impressive work! I will definitely use it for many more hunts.

I used to use rage and I hated how the blades would always pop out of place and the grim reapers don't do that!

These fly like field points. If you hit 10 ring on any animal they will work perfect.

These fly like field points. If you hit 10 ring on any animal they will work perfect.

Do they still fly like field points out to 80 yards and further? Reason why I'm asking is because I'm wanting something that will fly consistently out to 100 yards.