stares at me from beside the bed, the entire night, with intermittent whimpers.

waits outside the shower, the bathroom, the kitchen, you name it.

spins in circles at my feet every time I move an inch from the task at hand.

ever since he's been watching me prep the decoys, the layouts, and calls.

Just one more day of me leaving early for work buddy, one more day. This is a sick and twisted addiction for both of us.

post-3844-0-24306900-1412173213_thumb.jpg

Anybody else getting out this weekend?

• Like 5

I'll be out there. Haven't decide where yet. Despite all the rain a lot of the marshes are dry. Not sure where all that water went.

Every duck report I have heard of has been poor. I'm going out with low expectations but I'd rather be in that layout blind on Friday than anywhere else in the state.

Are you coming up here or headed to the Whites? I've heard of more ducks over there but, I live in Flagstaff so I'll hunt around here. Just gotta find 'the' spot. Gonna scout a couple more places today.

My go to for the opener had more pressure last year than ever before, don't know if its a function of the dynasty times or what. I'm still undecided.

I have zero ducks in our spot, so I will be waiting till the start coming south.

That really sucks. That's all I have been hearing from guys that I know shoot birds, they just haven't made it down yet. I think we'll have a different story after the full moon a week from today.

I just looked at my duck diary and my best opening day shoot was in 2012 just a few days after a Sept. 30th full moon.

The closer it came the harder it was to deal with missing it. Rearranged some time off for later in the year, like I said I have low expectations for the number of birds but with just me and the dog, I don't need many! Can't wait to be sitting wet in the cold!

The closer it came the harder it was to deal with missing it. Rearranged some time off for later in the year, like I said I have low expectations for the number of birds but with just me and the dog, I don't need many! Can't wait to be sitting wet in the cold!

Sounds like you need to patch your waders... haha good luck man

We are still working on the delayed shake command, it's not the waders it's the soaked dog after that first retrieve at 5:53AM! Haha hopefully thanks bud

even though i aint gonna make it for the opener do to lack of birds and little water I'm still gonna wake up at 3:30am its just the time i wake up religiously this time of year then at 5:53 I'm gonna be dreaming off the first flight in my decoys ….good luck everyone and live your life with your eyes in the sky but no SKYBUSTING…. and post lots of pics