RockyMtnOyster

White Mtn Apache hunt units map?

Does anyone know where a to find the hunt unit map for the white moutain apache tribe? I got drawn for the archery cow/spike hunt on the west units 9,11 for WMAT and having difficulty figuring out where exactly the unit boundaries are. I called up to the tribe and they said there are no maps. I couldn't find anything on their website. I think the hardest part of this hunt will be figuring out where the dang unit is! I just want to put meat in the freezer! Thanks for any advice.

RockyMtnOyster

Finding where the reservation is won't be a problem. Everything is fenced off. If they don't have a map of the units then I'm guessing the wardens probably aren't very strict about exactly where you can hunt. I'm sure there is a tribal member on here that could help you.

The website says maps are available at the game and fish office in Whiteriver.

I was hoping not to have to take the Whiteriver route, but it looks like that is what it will be. I plan on hunting west side of the unit and whiteriver is "waaay over dare"

Thanks for the comments and advice.

RockyMtnOyster

Units 9 and 11 are everything west of hwy 60 and north of like cibeque creek... Not sure if thats the creek but its a ways to the south. Yes there are maps and you can get them in whiteriver or at their outdoor shop north of hon-dah. I have yet to find them online.