Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

Guides-and using them

A guide is just another tool in your box. If you can afford to buy it from snap on (or make payments) then great! You buy "things" to make your job/life easier. If you can't afford it then you make due. In some cases better, some cases worse. Guiding is a service like any other. You have a choice in most cases to use it or not. I haven't had the luxury or need yet in my life but if I did, I'd be calling sponsors here first.

• Like 1

Some day I want to do the "outdoor channel" thing and kill a 150 inch whitetail out of a tree with my bow. Kansas, Iowa, you know. Enter guided hunt. But within the state of AZ. or most states in the west, I don't think I would consider it for any species. I would definitely ask for advice from other people, I have 23 points for antelope, probably be sending FLATLANDER a PM before next falls draw.

Maybe when I'm older and breaking down, I'd hire a guide. But right now I'm young enough to do it myself. No reason not too. If work or life has me strapped for time, and no scouting time, I guess I'll just hope for some luck. There are worse things then not tagging out.

• Like 1