Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

3a/3c roll call

I wasn't trying to claim a hunting area, I just didn't appreciate that this guy decided to continue heading on down to the end of the 2 track at the bottom after he acknowledged me. I guess I expected a more ethical reaction. Well, about 20 min after he passed me and I posted that, I hear a chainsaw. This guy went down there to cut wood. I couldn't believe it. This is a super rocky and overgrown 2 track that runs down to the bottom of this valley, and he chose there too cut his firewood for the winter. I did a quick loop at noon around to Pinedale and back to camp, and I pass this guy south of Pinedale with a full truck of wood, about 15 miles from where I saw him that morning.

First off, you are not allowed to drive anywhere you want on the Apache Sitgreaves forest like previously mentioned. You're fine if you're on an existing road but no you cannot drive offroad anywhere you want for any reason. If you're cutting wood or getting a downed animal then you can. We definitely don't need a forest management plan to close half the roads like up in the coconino. Yeah it sucks with so many roads but there are still places to get away from people. Some places like the 300 road, 50 road, 166 road etc. You will never get away from people if you don't get way out in some nasty stuff. My friends and I had a 182" buck down first afternoon of the hunt with no trucks within a mile of us.

As for the guy cutting wood that's just how it is there. My family cuts wood and with so many people doing it these days you have to go to some crazy places to find it where it hasn't been cut.

• Like 1

Had a really fun hunt this morning. shot a meat buck, was with my dad and friend bonecollector777, just felt right to choot that deer. He is 3x4 I'll post pics some time.

• Like 3

As dumb as it sounds I passed on a little better 3x3 that near this one but we wanted to get a better look at this one so we stalked in and were like "meh, he ain't great" but I thought what heck were all here im just gonna shoot it. I'm a sucker for a good hunt.