Sorry, I am a newbie and posted to the wrong area yesterday regarding this topic.

My two boys have "Any Antlered Deer" tags for unit 33 youth hunt in later November. This is a new area to me and I will be heading down this weekend to scout. The problem is I have no idea where to start, where to camp or what to expect.

Last year I got drawn for an antelope hunt that took eight years to get. I gave the tag to my twelve year old and after getting sound advice from people like you we were able to bag a nice Arizona antelope in September. In November we headed down to 36 for a youth deer hunt and I completely blew it. No scouting this time, rain, sick boys, and I had no sound advice or scouting time in.

I am not looking for your honey hole or trail cam spots, just a good area to base our camp and get to work glassing and hunting in 33. Any and all advice would be appreciated. I looked at Google Earth and Lone Hill looks promising but again, I have no idea.

fbrucet@gmail.com

post-12940-0-10857300-1415390222_thumb.jpg

I grew up in the area, find some high points and glass. there are some big canyons up there you can also hit up. Take a lion tag as you will possibly encounter or glass one up. PM me if you have more questions or more info.

If that's the same Lone Hill we hunted last year on the back side of Reddington, that area was covered with hunters and only saw does and a spike. I'd recommend getting further into the canyons and away from roads. There are some good areas near there and good camping areas too.

• Like 1