Sign in to follow this  
naturegirl

Exercising with kids

Yesterday I was on a solo kayak trip quite a ways back when I hear children's voices and they were happy loud little voices. I'm trying to figure out how all these kids are getting closer to me in a kayak only accessible area when I see this little girl with blonde pigtails about 3 years old. She has her hands stretched out holding the sides of her dad's double kayak with a smile literally from ear to ear. With them are two canoes with dads oaring their little ones and some little ones trying to help their dads oar. All were happy campers, although the dads apologized for breaking the silence..lol

There are so many ways to exercise outdoors (especially with our gorgeous weather right now) and children can often be included too! My daughter isn't always thrilled to go with me, but once she's there it's always a good time and I'm teaching her about healthy living.

This was a trip she didn't want to go on, but she literally ended up thanking me for it at the end of the day.

post-5072-0-11225100-1416847862_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Christina, I am so jealous, I cant wait till I can take my lil princess out in the woods.

All I really do with my son is put him the jogging stroller and go. We usually do 2.75 miles and he has a blast. Doesn't make a sound unless we see a doggy.