Sign in to follow this  
elkman

spring bear

Just wondering if anyone has been seeing any bear signbeen out a few times looking for sheds and have not seen any yet. Also wonderung if they come out earlier in the year in the southern units as opposed to the northern units.

I have not seen any fresh sign yet. Can't say that I been really looking.... but I have seen a good bit of older sign in my travels.

I have not seen any fresh sign yet. Can't say that I been really looking.... but I have seen a good bit of older sign in my travels.

What do you mean you have not been looking :angry:

You know I have a tag :angry: :angry:

Get out there and find FRESH bear sign :o

You may evan find a brownie or two :P

Bino's been sitting at home doing nothing counting his money. :P

Bino's been sitting at home doing nothing counting his money. :P

I told you...... If I had your money I would burn mine!!!! :lol: :lol:

I havn't seen anything in 22 north yet.

Any one going to make it out for the hunt Friday?

Mike

Im heading up this friday. Ive got the 22 tag as well. Ive havent seen any fresh sign, but quite a bit of older stuff.

Been out to 31. Bears are not mooving yet. The big boars that come out first are hanging tight to the thick river bottoms eating the spring grass to clear their hibernate'n guts. If you hike the grassy bottoms and find sign, or if you find sign anywhere, then camp on that area because he won't be far away at all! ;)

We got tired of looking for bear so we did a bunch of predator calling. We called in 4 coyotes, 1 fox and one bob cat!

We also got very wet from all the rain! A rain guage in Saford read 2 1/2 inches of rain from Thursday night to Saturday night! :blink:

Loads of fun just to get out :)

Lance

Spent the weekend up in 22. Didnt see any bears. The canyon I was set up in has a good amount of older bear sign but havent seen any fresh stuff yet. I got my trail cam set up so hopefully get some pics of something. Im new to bear hunting, and was wondering if bear scat this early in the season looks that different considering their diet changes? Your are right about being a great time of year to be out in the woods. The turkeys were gobbling like crazy both mornings.

A guy named CMC on this forum got his spring bear!! He showed a picture without a story and it looks like a biggun, he should post his story on here soon

A guy named CMC on this forum got his spring bear!! He showed a picture without a story and it looks like a biggun, he should post his story on here soon

Sure hope it was not a sow from 22 :(

Mike

Sure hope it was not a sow from 22 :(

Mike

That was my first thought too, he was down south somewhere though. Gamehauler did you get out last weekend?