Sign in to follow this  
Sneaker

Asking for a progress pic?

My taxi's have sent me pics before. They know my expectations going into it. You shouldn't hesitate to call and request them or ask if you can take them yourself.

side note - never heard of that type of turn around time. I would at least ask about where they are tanning the cape unless it not important to you. Bad tan = long term issues.

+1. Self tanned hides are bad news. The guys guaranteeing 2-3 month turn around are to be avoided as they are tanning them in shop. 2 weeks in the mail each direction and a couple weeks to do the mount combined with a a month or so at tannery is as quick as it can be done considering no backlog.

He got my cape on 9/12, it got back from tannery on 11/13. Doesn't seem all that unreasonable to me, just a result of being First in the door for the season.

• Like 1

Hahaha some of you guys crack me up! You guys don't think tanneries have rush tan services??? I can get a two week rush service! You pay more but you can do it. And last time I checked ups delivers faster then 2 weeks each way. More like 3 to 5 days. SOOO essentially you can have capes back in 22 days or so.

I advertise and stick to a 6 month turn around time. However a lot of my early antelope and elk go home around the 3 to 4 month mark just because they are first in line and we are chomping at the bit to get started on the new work. We are currently starting to mount this years early archery elk and I use one of the best tanneries in the US. Staying on top of your scheduling and getting the work done when it's there will result in fast turn around times.

You do need to be careful about some quick turn around times but in General it doesn't take 6 months to get tanning back. One of the old taxidermy myths to keep customers from pestering if their project isn't done yet. Hahaha

• Like 2

Mount N View is a solid taxidermist. He has 4 red deer of my old mans.. He sends it to a tannery. He also gets a little larger down payment so he doesn't have to rob Peter to pay Paul. You will get it back in a timely manner and you will be happy with the finished product...

Pioneer Taxidermy had my september elk back before the end of Feb. Just Sayin.

Chris is a cool guy and I am sure will send you whatever you'd like.