Sign in to follow this  
IdahoCoues

Albino Coues

I just wanted a poll viewers, to see if anyone has ever seen an albino or piebald Coues deer. Last November, I glassed 6 Coues does and fawns all together on an open hill. The sun was behind me and all the deer were standing in the sun. One fawn stood out among the rest as being much lighter. It wasn't white like a true albino, but it was definately not the same as the others. That was the first day, and as Murphy's law dictated, I was never able to find that deer again to show any of my party. I've hunted Coues for 22 years, and never witnessed that before. Any suggestions?

Craig.

I too have never seen an albino or piebald any type of deer let alone Coues deer. I do know quite a few years ago some piebald deer were seen around the Crown King area. I am sure they were Mule deer since I don't think that there are to many Coues west of I-17.

Arizona Griz.

Craig,

Did the fawn look like the fawns in the photo by Josh in the Photogallery live coues deer page 2 ?

I thought the cute little twin fawns in the first picture on that page looked really light colored.

Other than that photo of light colored fawns, I haven't seen any albinos. I am sure it happens, but they sure couldn't live long. Imagine a white Coues deer trying to hide in the brush!

Amanda