Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Powder at Bruno's

Here we go again...

I don't feel $30/lb. is "way overpriced". It might be $3-5 more a lb. than other stores, but when you factor in shipping and Haz-mat fees, it is cheaper. Plus, at least you can walk in and GET it. I appreciate them having it on their shelves for me to pick up. Especially if you are buying it in 1 lb. bottles to try out new recipes. Who wants to pay $8 shipping and $25 Haz-mat fees on one lb.? You are looking at $58/lb. then.

If you don't like Bruno's prices, then don't buy from them. It leaves more opportunities for guys like me to be able to get the stock on hand for ourselves.

If you are buying 8lbs. at a time, it makes sense to go elsewhere. You can save $10 by ordering it online and waiting 7-10 days to get it in the mail. But I would rather have it now than wait for $10. The cost difference is only $1/day. Worth every penny to me. Plus I like my money going to a small AZ based shop, not a huge corporate monster who sends my money out of state.

I decided to give Bruno's another try a few weeks ago after some afterthought about never going there again and the comments that followed. I browsed the online store and noticed the most popular powders were 2x as much such as Alliant Promo for 199. Pistol powders are going for a premium, rifle powders are hit or miss. Stumbled on some rifle powders 1#, 5# and 8# jugs that were decently priced, didn't really need it or ever used it before but I went ahead and placed my order online. Went to pick it up Saturday morning, he seemed busy but was glad to grab my order for me. Not a lot of chit chat but I get it. This isn't a place to talk shop during a time like this. They also have CCI small primers for a decent price under 25/k. But cant take anymore primers in.

I hear you on people asking very vague questions and expecting an answer. They might be a reloading shop but they aren't an encyclopedia with tables and data in their brains. They could throw out some common powders to name a few but then some guy might not have a good experience with them and be upset.

I did notice there was more lighting in the store than the dusty dark man cave it once was :-D

Depending on what time you were in Bruno's on Saturday, I might have seen you. I was in about 11:00AM.

Bass pro are the real price gougers. $36 for a lb of R15.

I second that. There was a time not long ago they wanted 75 bucks for a box of shotgun primers! riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidiculous