Sign in to follow this  
SPOTnSTALKer

Expired

I have the Delta/Mackenzie Javelina target because it is not too expensive, gives me a great representation of my nemesis quarry, and its easy to move in and out of the garage or out to the field to shoot. I've had it over a year now and it's held up pretty well to 3 shooters. Try to keep it out of the elements to make it last longer.

• Like 1

I have a glendel full rut buck and it has been great for the last 3 years. Easy arrow removal and stops arrows really well. Like heat I do my best to keep it out of the elements which makes a HUGE difference in a targets life span!

• Like 1

Depends on your price range. I LOVE the Rhinehart targets, but they are pricey. They do not last as long, but pulling arrows is a breeze.

I have a McKenzie javelina and a McKenzie Mule deer now. Both are over 5 years old and still doing well. I do not shoot nearly as much as I used to. I used to shoot at least 200 arrows a week, and had a McKenzie last for 3 years. Replaced the center section and got another 3 years out of it before donating it to a friend's kid. I usually leave them in the tack shed when not shooting, which helps a LOT in life span. I also had a McKenzie black bear that stayed out year round. It lasted OK to shoot, but got so hard I could not pull arrows.

• Like 1

For 3d I look for targets with replaceable vitals. I have the glendel buck and the javalina. I skipped the turkey because it has no replaceable core.

We started printing life size rabbit dove and quail pictures then glued them to cardboard trimed to pic. Grabbed wooden clothes pins and stuck them in the ground to hold them in place. We use judo or the big rubber blunts to keep from losing the arrows.Makes it cheep and fun kids live seeing the targets fly off after a good hit.

• Like 1