night force ATACR-T scope 5-25x56

300 wsm Norma brass

168GR VLD berger hunting bullet

65gr H4350 powder

federal M215 primer

No problem at 1000 yard

Beautiful, how much does it weigh?

Got the action ordered today.

Mike at Defiance was great to work with. Ordered the Defiance Deviant Hunter action. Hunter port in the defiance length. He sold me on the heavy rear tang (vs. standard) and flat bolt nose (vs. the recessed). Mike was saying that Glen (owner of Defiance) is really favorable on those two options for some additional stability and thus added accuracy. Went with the extra deep fluting and long tactical bolt knob options as well.

Bank account got hit for an elk tag today, so pushing to have this done and ready to go by Elk season!!

Have you had difficulty finding WSM brass? Was thinking about a 300 WSM but brass seems sketchy.

Sounds like a sweet build. PCR put a Thruster brake on my Tikka 7mag and turned it into a 243.

You wont be disappointed with Defiance either. I got my Deviant tactical last week and it is awesome.

• Like 1

I've seen some conflicting messages, but was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on reaming for this particular round that we have developed (215 Berger Hybrid seating out). Should the throat be lengthened from a typical WSM round? Or will a standard 300 WSM reamer work? Any thoughts?

@DesertBull, lucky I have access to some, but I can't find any for sale (non Nosler/Norma). Have alerts set to all the major sites.

a bit more expensive to do but you can always buy factory ammo and pull the loads. Plenty of factory 300 wsm ammo out there.

Got the last component in for the build last night. It's heading to PCR to finish up. Looking forward to getting this back, and being able to finally shoot it. Only took 29 weeks for delivery on the last part...

My .300RUM is down at PCR as we speak. Should have it back next Friday. With their 2+ month turnaround, I hope you have an alternate elk rifle.

My .300RUM is down at PCR as we speak. Should have it back next Friday. With their 2+ month turnaround, I hope you have an alternate elk rifle.

I do have an alternate rifle if need be, hopefully I don't have to use it.

I dropped a majority of the components off about a month ago and we talked through a plan if I received the bottom metal from Seekins or if I didn't...

Basically saved my spot in line a month ago with their ability to do all the work (bottom metal being the last needed component of the build).