Sign in to follow this  
Polaris550

Dangit!!!

I was hoping to AT LEAST have had the chance to see if I got hit for elk before the New Mexico deadline of the 18th. Now had to put in for both and pray. Expensive and risky...

I moved to utah last year and put in for all 3 states. You Arizona guys have no idea how good you have it with hunting until you move out of state. Utah is great but you have to deal with lots of private land problems.

Good luck to all!!!

• Like 3

Wow red man. I didn't know that. I'm assuming you just lose the app fees. But that makes me feel way better. I appreciate your help

If You get a couple tags, Bingo. Deal with it . Good problem to have. It generally won't happen tho. Don't worry..........BOB!

Redman- I did not know that you could withdrawal your nm application or return the tag. Im not doubting you, but I couldn't find any info in the nm regs. When is the cancelation deadline? Do you only lose the application fee?

I just found some info on the nmgfd website describing the process of how you can delete you application and lose only the application fee ($13). I didnt say when the deadline was, I assume it has to be before the actaul draw. I tried calling the hot line for clarification but seeing as today is the app deadline, all lines were busy.

I don't know when the date to delete your application is. I would figure today by 5, when the draw closes. Yes you lose the non-refundable fee. Here is what I found.

CHANGING AN APPLICATION

I want to withdraw my application, how do I do that?

You may delete your application from the draw, but doing so will forfeit your non-refundable application fee. To delete an application, log in to your account. Choose “Draw Hunt Applications” then choose the application you want to delete and click “Review.” On the review page, in the top right-hand corner, there will be an option to delete. If you delete yourself from an application you may submit another application for the same species, but you may NOT re-attach to the application from which you were deleted. Deleting an application does NOT affect the other applicants. If you have submitted payment for an application and then choose to delete it and your original payment was by credit or debit card, you will be refunded automatically. If you original payment was with an electronic check, or over the counter with cash, you will be refunded during the normal refund process, when draw results are announced, late April or early May.

Might as well stay in it because you never know what will happen.

No you can delete your application up until the draw I believe..... I did last year when I found out I drew here in AZ

You can delete up until the draw. last year i deleted my deer application when I was drawn for elk... wanted to use all my time off to chase bulls.

funny thing is the guy i put in with drew 16E I would of had two tags....

How did his 16e hunt go? I put 16e archery as my third choice this year.

he reported a great hunt, in bulls everyday,didnt close the deal on a bull he wanted. if you get drawn PM me for a starting point

he reported a great hunt, in bulls everyday,didnt close the deal on a bull he wanted. if you get drawn PM me for a starting point

Thanks, I appreciate it!