southpaw

Matthews Drenalin

I'm thinking of selling my lx and getting the drenalin....anybody have this bow and if you do, how does it shoot and what do you think of the slim limbs and feel of the bow....thanks guys

Mark

I shot one in the local shop. Not much kick or vibration, but I did not shoot another bow for comparison that day. The big plus is the weight savings. Draw was different than my LX. I sanded down my grip so it is thinner, less torquey. Lots of comments on archerytalk.com about the Drenalin. Most think the Switchback XT is smoother.

RR

Do a search over on archery talk.... Some good reviews some bad... I would wait to see how this completely new limb pans out.. I am sure you know Matthews history..

jason

The weight savings would be a definite plus, but I wouldn't think it would be a big enough plus to get rid of an LX. I believe the LX is an incredible "all around" great bow! I want one.....let me know if you sell yours ;) JIM>

i shot this bow yesterday, very sweet. very little hand shock for how light it is and the smal risers. i like it! but ill keeo my Q2 once it gets back in time and new string.cables put on it!

That new Mathews is a sweet bow and I have thought about getting one my self

but I cant justify spending all that money on a new bow when that LX I shoot is

such a sweet bow!!!! ;)

I haven't shot the drenalin yet because, I am scared that I would want to buy it. And since I bought my XT last year, I don't think the boss would approve of me buying a bow in the next 5 years.

Considering getting rid of a LX, just not sure what to replace it with.

If you are shooting that LX good why would want to raplace it? in my opinion

the LX is one of the best bows Mathews has ever made. the bow is pretty

forgiving, and if its speed your looking for my LX is shooting 290' per second

with a 29" draw and goldtip 5575's im not sure what the IBO is on the Drenalin

but in my opinion 290 is just about the perfect hunting speed. But if you really

need to have that new Drenalin, remember its just money, and you will make more!!!!!! ;)

thanks for the responses guys.....i'll lets you guys know first if i decide to sell my lx, but its a left-handed at 28 inch draw.

Mark

Drenaline is a very nice bow. After shooting that and the XT back to back, i liked the XT better. But that's just me. Better hold and shot a little smoother. The only negative i have heard about the Drenaline is that the limbs can crack IF the bow is not pressed properly. But that's true with most of the newer bows anyways. Alot of people really like that bow.

I shot a ton of different bows and ended up buying the Drenalin. For me the bow is very fast, smooth, light and shoots better groups than I could have imagined. Everybody fits each bow differently, but this was the one for me. I would definetly shoot it along with others to make your decision.