Sign in to follow this  
spooby

Who all drew 6a archery bull?

I drew a 6a early archery bull tag. Just curious who I may run into out in the field as there are 775 tags. It's my first archery tag but plan on finding some quite areas if possible but sure I'm gonna run into a bunch of hunters throughout the 2 weeks.

I plan on hunting the southern part of the unit as everyone that I've talked to says the northern portion gets hammered. Good luck to everyone that got drawn and hopefully meet some of you out in the field!

The southern part gets hammered as much if not more than the northern part anymore. There are still areas you can get away but need to do your homework.

• Like 1

I'll be scouting come closer to the hunt. I have a couple friends going with that have hunted it, one had the tag the last 2 years and tagged out both years. So I plan on doing my own scouting but have a couple options already without scouting.

I'd like to kill a nice bull but don't wanna be chasing the same bull that 6 other guys are after. I plan on putting some miles on my boots and spending the night out in the field if I have too.

I'll be out there with you but in the northern part of the unit. I've been on quite a few 6A elk hunts now and yes there are people, but it is a very big unit with a lot of elk. 775 tags x 2-4 people per tag (yep, lol) and I still manage to find lots of places minus humans plus elk.

It's a good hunt and you will have opportunities on bulls - it just depends on what you are looking for.

• Like 1

Guiding uncle for the 3rd time on this tag. Great tag. Do homework lots of people but I got my honey hole nobody knows about lol

6a has become the unit for opportunity. Back in 2011 when I had that tag there was roughly 675 tags and it seemed crowded but I found being mobile helped get away from the crowds. Good bulls can still be found there and I found the 2nd week is the best as the rut seems to be more in swing and new elk start showing up. I also liked back in the day when 6a was split into 6an and 6as. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 2

Dave did you hunt around that waterhole I seen you And Dan at while I was out with brady scouting for deer? Pretty sure that was 2011

I have the tag again because I was a slow learner last season! It is an opportunity tag and I'm thankful for that. The Unit is awesome because you can hunt a variety of habitats. The Unit is also enormous in size. I drove the perimeter of the Unit and still can't fathom how big it is. It does have elk in almost all areas in the entire Unit. My honey hole is called ______________ Canyon if you want to check it out. We all, will have a great hunt because we have an Arizona bull elk archery tag!