Presmyk

Any one fish Mohave?

Had school last week in bullhead so we went fishing Mohave just east of Davis dam caught a few small strippers and tried some catfish. Also tried below the dam with no luck at all. Any pointers on where to check out next month when have to go back?

Been pretty tough on bigger fish. We caught 42 dinks on Saturday night under a light at the mouth of the cove outside Catherine's landing in about three hours. You fishing from a boat or shore?

Fish it all the time but I don't fish for stripers. The bass bite has been good alot of nice smallies and largemouth. We do on occaision catch big stripers when working crankbaits or topwater. If your bank fishing try off the end of the point at princess cove ramp the stripers will run close to the end of the point there. Fish mid cove for cats if you can find a spot on the bank. There is also a fishing area at katherens landing that you can work for cats and some bass. Below the dam try throwing good size swimbaits across the current or even big walking baits in may as top water should be going good. Top water for bass should be in full swing on the main lake also.

Off shore can't through my boat on the company vehicle . Will throw in my bow saw few good schools of carp below dang

how long are you there each time? I mainly target the Havasu pool from Parker Dam up to Davis, but sometimes go up to Willow beach on Mohave. plenty of good fishing, even from shore.

School is week at time this will be last week next time go out 18th to the 22 of may

That will be right after the striper Tournament. PM me that week, if I'm still in town I'll help you out. I fish the river up by Bullhead at night sometimes. It's not for the faint of heart but can be really rewarding. I fish big swim-baits up and down the river for stripers. Biggest I've landed this year is 13lbs, but have lost some much bigger fish. Including one that may have been my largest striper ever. Smoked 30 yards of 50lb power pro and broke me off. Either rock or gill plate I'm thinking. Could tell the fish was jumbo by heads shakes and the large tail beats on the spectra.

• Like 1

What part of river up or down stream from the bridge to Laughlin