AZHUNTER05

Best Antelope decoys?

Well, it may not be the best, but has to be the funniest I ever heard.

A guy I know whose sense of humor cannot be understated, is one of those guys who likes to hunt, but is really an amazing chef, and more about the experience than the kill was on an antelope hunt with his father a few years back and they made a giant, black cow disguise with one of them as the front legs, holding up the head portion and the other in the back with a bow acting as the back legs.

The story of stalking up on goats in their tandem "be-the-cow" decoy is the stuff of legends. They had both "had a couple" as they approached a herd of goats, and incorporated squirting from a water bladder and various ad-lib sounds. Unfortunately unless you hear it next to the campfire with all the shenanigans, it can't be fully appreciated.

I think they are lucky there wasn't a real Range bull around. That could of got ugly. :o

• Like 1

Well this falls into the jokes category more than here but it works. Two guys were bull moose hunting. They decided to make a cow moose decoy to fit in and once they got close to a bull the guy in back would unzip the decoy, pop out with his bow and shoot the bull. They had a rut crazed bull coming in thrashing trees as they were calling like a cow. That bulls eyes were wide and he was crazy. The guy in back tells the guy in front the zipper is stuck and he can't get out to shoot. He ask the guy in front what he should do. The guy in front says to the guy in back, brace yourself, I am just going to pretend to graze.

i know some fellers who've had good success with the cow-blind deal. also seen em on tv using horses with great success. i think it mainly depends on the mood of the goat. might try cutting down a real brushy cedar bush and walking slow behind it too. Lark.

Get the antelope hat and shirt check it out on YouTube.

Thanks for all the advise guys! I ended up buying a Montana decoy from rageinthesage. Hopefully it will help get me within shooting distance of a good buck this year 😏

• Like 1