Sign in to follow this  
JJ_Gibbs

Anybody Shooting 230 OTM Begers in a 300 RUM

I am in the process of building a new 300 RUM and want to shoot the 230 bergers. I don't see how anybody is shooting them out of a BDL mag or any other detachable mag. Even a Wyatts extended mag box is only 3.810 oal. I seated a projectile for a dummy cartridge and the oal length to where I want to seat them comes out to 3.900. Anybody with some experience or advise I would like to hear your input. My thought is single shot only. Thanks, JJ

I shoot the 210 HVLD and 215 Hybrids, both are over mag length where my gun likes them. Meaning I have a Rem 700 BDL single shot. I just keep a cheek pad with cartridge loops on the stock for my spare rounds, should the need ever present itself, which it hasn't.

20141129_164604_zpsaftviprl.jpg

im still finishing my final load with the 230s out of my ultra, but i have a few buddies who shoot them and they say they arent near as sensitive with seating depth as the non-hybrids. 2 of them have them loaded at max box length so they dont have to use it as a single shot and are still getting 1/4-1/2 moa groups

Thanks for the input. My only thoughts about seating them for mag length is the loss of case capacity and possible pressure issues. I am going to build it as a single shot and use the setup like lancetkenyon I think.

Thanks for the input. My only thoughts about seating them for mag length is the loss of case capacity and possible pressure issues. I am going to build it as a single shot and use the setup like lancetkenyon I think.

post-55201-jay-and-silent-bob-cheers-gif

• Like 1