Sign in to follow this  
bwp22

Easton Axis

FMJs start at 9.1 for a 500 spine and climb to 12 for a 300 spine. then you have dangerous game 300 and 250, the 250 spine have 17.6 gpi.

Maverick,

Please expand on the comment about FMJ having more weight than the Axis N-fused arrows. My axis ST's are 9.0 gpi, what weight are your FMJ's?

Kidso,

My FMJ 400's are 10.2 gpi and set up for elk. Was thinking about going down to the axis for an all around deer round since I don't know when I'll get drawn for elk again. I'm really don't want to mess with my site tape though

My 340's are 11.3gpi. What else can I answer for you. I lost a little speed but gained a lot of kinetic energy and efficiency plus my bow is quieter with the heavy arrow. I'm shooting Trophy Taker Shuttle T Locks 100gr. I had considered Wac Ems but since the buy out the new company seems to have no idea what they're doing and the customer service is non existent.

some broad heads fit a bit differently. I foot my shafts with 1/2inch of 2016 Easton aluminum shafts so I haven't needed to worry about it so far.

I have seen this done but have never tried it. This may seem naive but what is the primary benefit? Is it just added weight and increased FOC%?

Added weight is about 5 grains the real benefit for me is it keep my arrows from splitting at the carbon if I hit something hard. sort of like a mini fmj arrow.

I split quite few arrows chasing rabbits until I started footing them. though I shoot an 80lb longbow not a compound most of the time. so not sure how well the footers would help the compound. soon as the new arrows get here I am going to but a 1/4 inch footer around the nock end as well see how that works. I have had knocks ram themselves into the back end splitting the carbon shaft open on a hit into tree.

I shoot an 80lb compound and I footed my VAP 250s after splitting a handful of them...never had a problem after...I came up with this idea...and had a buddy make them for me

post-555-0-26346500-1432162270_thumb.jpg

post-555-0-93346800-1432162332_thumb.jpg