Got a new peep site put on Coles bow couple of weeks ago, today was the first day he got to go shoot.

Pulled back and let the arrow fly.........as the string snapped right where the peep site would be.

Put one heck of a welt on his wrist and scared the poop out of both of us.

Is it coincidental we just had a new peep installed?

Gotta get some new strings.....will his bow be OK?? He is shooting the mission craze.

Check the limbs carefully for cracks. If none are found, should be fine. Might want to have a professional check it while installing a new string.

I had something similar happen a few years ago. I drew back and BANG!!! It was loud. Not sure exactly how it happened as my strings were in pretty good shape. But my limbs went flying and my arrow splintered into a whole lot of pieces. Fortunately for me I wear glasses as a few big chunks of the arrow went into my face. The right side of my face and my arm were tore up and bleeding but the glasses deflected everything from my eye.

I took my bow and strings to the pro shop and they were as baffled as I. This is where I learned the q-tip test to check for micro cracks. Drag the q-tip slowly all over along the limbs. The cotton should catch on any micro crack you can't see.

Glad everyone is okay.

• Like 3