Sign in to follow this  
varnco

OTC Deer Question

So, for an OTC "non permit, permit", is it good for any season for the year, or just for the one season? So, if I get an OTC this summer, can I use it in Aug/Sept and/or Dec, understanding the limit of 1 deer.

I ask because in the regs, it shows some units up to 3 different "hunting seasons" while other areas are 2, and of course, a few areas are draw only.

Thanks.

You can hunt all hunts as long as they are otc hunts, with a limit of one deer per calendar year.

• Like 1

Yeah, the otc archery tag is good for all the nonpermit archery hunts. You get the january hunt, 3 weeks in the summer, then 2 weeks in December. Theres only a handful of units that require the draw tag (kaibab hunts and a few others).

Otc good for August and Sept if you tag out then get another Otc tag for Jan in the units that are open. If you don't tag out in August or sept then you can use same tag for Dec. if you don't tag out in August, sept, or Dec you have to buy a new tag for Jan regardless. Tag out in Jan well then it's going to be a long yr.

• Like 5