azhuntnut

Barnes LRX bullets?

Distance of shot, cartridge used & velocity, position of bull, performance on game (even though we know the bull expired).

180 yards +-, 6.5-06 127LRX @2980 MV, 1-8" twist, quartering towards. Dropped in tracks. Did not look for bullet as it was a solo hunt and I had much to do... used gutless method and looking between ribs i couldn't make out the lungs on the side facing me at the shot, just a red mass. I was aiming for the top of heart/lung area and appeared to have hit it. The shoulder to brisket depth appeared to be over 30 " so it was a big target :)

Has anyone tried them for a 7mm-08? If so could you share how they worked.looking for a good bullet for my sons rifle.

post-13830-0-32483000-1444806639_thumb.jpg

Has anyone tried them for a 7mm-08? If so could you share how they worked.looking for a good bullet for my sons rifle.

Yes, I use the LRX and Varget as my pet load in my Tikka 7mm-08. It's an amazing round. No pressure signs and coming out at 2850 fps. I'll get you the charge data when I get home.

Plus Varget is much more temp stable. RL powders are notorious for big velocity swings when temps change.

Just loaded up a bunch. It's 42 grains Varget with the 145 grain LRX. OAL at 2.833" just barely allows it to fit into the magazine. Good luck. Let us know how it works for you.