COUESAZ

Another hit coming to USO

I do not know if someone has posted this yet or not.

The outdoor chanel is having there legal people looking at how they can cut the contract with the USO. They had sighned the contract to air the show before all this came out. They said they did not have part and would not have had part in this battle.

I have seen the Email but do not have it to post. It can be seen at arizona outback prospecting forum under the hunting part of the forum.www.arizonaoutback.com

Edited by ARIZONA GUIDE

Great News!

I hope the flood tide of sponsors keeps leaveing them High and Dry!

wonder who taulman is gonna sue now? next he'll want to sue everyone because nobody likes him. wonder if the 9th court of appeals will tell us all we have to be nice to boy george or give up more tags? hope he starves. Lark.

Jim Zumbo says he is giving up his tag for this year to show he had nothing to do with the mess. In the same letter he said he will continue to use uso outfitters to draw tags for him. He said with all his writing and hunting he has no time to put in for himself. Hog wash if you ask me. If he lets his arizona tag go then that means he will only kill 6 Elk this year not 7 right. I said the same thing on another forum and those guys over there did not like it. It is like sept 11, they have already forgotten. They think that because Big Jim took the time to write an email to explain that he is a showing his suport to us. OK what ever.

I know Lark will agree with me right.

Jim Zumbo seems a little confused right now in his decision to stay out of Arizona. He wanted an elk tag so bad in this State and he got one and now he won't use it. That's good I would rather have a resident have an oppotunity at the elk he would have shot. If he were to hunt unit 10 he would have got a big one because elk don't have eyes on top of their head. I'm sure I'll see a USO guide in unit 9 this year on my elk hunt and I havn't decided what will happen when I do. I really don't want to meet a USO outfitter at a tank though that just might do it for them.

Edited by 111

Wildlife News

Aug. 16, 2004

Public meetings set on selected alternatives to 10-percent rule

The Arizona Game and Fish Commission on Aug. 14 analyzed a list of more than 20 ideas to protect resident hunting opportunities. The action came in response to a federal court ruling declaring unconstitutional Arizona's 10-percent cap on nonresident applicants for certain big game species.

The commission has directed the Game and Fish Department to begin drafting rule language and collecting public comment on nine of the 20 alternatives.

Rule making for the changes is now on a fast-track so the department can implement the changes by April of next year, when the commission adopts big game hunt orders for the 2005-06 hunting season.

As part of that rule process, the department will conduct pubic meetings starting this week to collect input on the nine alternatives selected.

The meetings all start at 6 p.m. Here are the dates and locations:

Aug. 18, Pinetop, Region I office, 2878 E. White Mountain Blvd.

Aug. 20, Flagstaff, Region II office, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road.

Aug. 23, Mesa, Region VI office, 7200 E. University Drive.

Aug. 24, Tucson, Region V office, 555 N. Greasewood Road.

Aug. 25, Yuma, Region IV office, 9140 E. 28 St.

Aug. 26, Phoenix, La Quinta Inn, Greenway Road and I-17.

Aug. 27, Kingman, 5325 N. Stockton Hill Road.

The alternatives before the public and the commission are:

Award additional bonus points for continuous support. Also referred to as "loyalty points," these points would be awarded to people who have been applying for big game hunts or buying licenses consecutively for a designated period of time, for example, for five years.

Award a conservation bonus point to individuals who participate in wildlife work projects. There are several variations of this proposal and the department has been directed to consolidate and refine a final proposal for public input.

Charge up front for applications over the Internet, using electronic funds transfers instead of credit cards, or do away with the online application process altogether.

Increase license and permit fees, which would require legislation.

Require all big game drawing applicants to purchase a hunting license.

Increase the draw application fees. This would require legislation.

Increase the bonus point pass percentage from 10 percent to 20 percent, which would mean setting aside 20 percent of big game permits for individuals with the most bonus points.

Create a nonresident set-aside based on capped percentages and conduct a separate nonresident draw for these tags.

Create commercial and noncommercial big game tags, with 90 percent of the tags designated as noncommercial, available only to residents, and ten percent as commercial, available equally to residents and nonresidents. Another version of this proposal would change the law to completely eliminate commercialization of wildlife to permit reinstatement of the 10 percent nonresident cap.

The department is also accepting public comment on the alternatives via its Web site, azgfd.com. To access the submission form, look under "What's New."

At the next regularly scheduled meeting of the Game and Fish Commission, Sept. 17-18 in Safford, commission members will be poised to approve the rule making needed to implement some or all of the alternatives and is also expected to give the department direction on pursuing legislation for the same purpose.

so taulman says that real tree dropped him because of pressure by "a few uneducated residents". dang that steams me. i think Az. residents are pretty well educated. especially now after gettin' hosed by a buncha "educated" nonresidents with fat wallets and shiny lawyers. guess he's feelin' froggy, now that he ruined hunting in Az. hey george and griz, i know you guys read this site. you guys are liars and thieves. punks o' the woods. gotta hide behind lawyers. lowest form of scum in the world. with lies, deceipt and lawyer trickery you've stolen something very sacred to a lot of folks. you best be ready to deal with the fallout. you're a few guys and you've pissed off the whole west. this is gonna get ugly. only thing that bothers me is that i know some decent guy is gonna let his emotions get him in trouble. over trash like you. poor times for sure. i will be in 27 on the late hunt. maybe we'll "bump" into each other. you guys saddled this bronc, lets see if you can ride it. i've never seen a yellow dog that could ride very well anyway. we'll see who has the last laugh. dang i'm hot. hard to keep things in perspective right now. uneducated residents, why didn't he just say stupid hillbillys or rednecks or something even more derogatory? i see primos is still with em. i sorta figured the letter we saw was bogus. forget those guys. they make junk and trinkets for eastern dudes anyway. unless they've dropped em since it was written. didn't look at the date. who cares about zumbo? the guy is undoubtedly the phoniest writer i've ever seen. he's never killed anything of any size without a guide. little dwarf would get lost in a parking lot. dang, that uso letter is a real poke in the eye to us Arizonians. and you can tell that is all it is, too. like the litte fat kid in school that poked his tongue out at ya and ya had to smack him around for it. oh well, think i'll make a copy of it and pack it in my wallet. might have the chance to get someone to "eat" their words, literally. this has the makings of a really interesting fall. later, Lark.

Edited by .270

Hey, 270, I'll be joining some friends on the late hunt in 27. Maybe we can get enough people together and video the 'grudge match' or you force feeding that paper to some folks and we can sell the clip, "When good hunts go bad", to The Outdoor Channel. <_<

when good hunts go bad, now dat's funny. or "Az. hunters gone wild". look for a grouchy lookin' cowboy in a red gmc or on a mean lookin' sorrel horse when you're in 27.

I would buy the video, But would pay better money to be there with you guys to see it in real life. I am with you on the zumbo isue. Over on the arizona sportsmans journal web site they are all warm and fuzzy about zumbos letter and choice to not hunt a bull in arizona.

Jeff foxworthy said he will not hunt this year in arizona to show his suport. Now that is someone I respect more for his action than zumbos. Besides that big Jim Zumbos cowboy hat is ugly.

I will also be in 27 during the late hunt. I know that USO always takes hunters into the Honeymoon area and they set up their camp on the 4 drag ranch. They have to have their camp on private property because a few years ago the Forest Service District Ranger in Clifton made it illegal for any guide to have a camp in a FS campground in the Clifton District. The rugged terrain of unit 27 makes it hard for them to set up a large camp like they have anywhere else. Also, the owner of the 4-drag ranch has decided to not allow USO to stay on his property anymore. I am sure that they will find a way to get their clients in there but at least we are trying to make it as hard on them as possible.

glad to hear about foxworthy. i was havin' a real dilemna there. tryin' to hate a guy that makes me laugh so hard. somebody that knows unit 10 well oughta give him a call and offer to help him out for free. Gary kicked uso off the 4drag? cool. i haven't talked to him in a couple weeks, i'll hafta tell him good deal. man i hate gettin' so stinkin' mad, but that line about "uneducated residents" just really tipped me over. zumbo still sucks. oh well. if i was a non-resident and had a tag, even if it was one that i got honorably, through the draw, i'd be worried about hunting here. and that ain't a threat, it's a genuine concern. when i hunt, the last thing i want is something to screw it up. and having that in the back of the mind would grind on me. i see uso having to provide some fairly tight security around their camps and stuff. how much could that be? last thing a guy wants when he hunts is bad feelings. we're all hunters and we all need to band together, but i have a hard time wanting to see nonresidents be succesfull and have a good time, and that ain't right. for the most part, they're just good ol' boys wanting to hunt. but taulman, griz and their stinkin' greed have really screwed it up for everyone. the residents are ticked over the non residents getting our tags and the nonresidents that got lucky can't feel too good about getting the tag of a lifetime because they know everyone they meet from Az. hates their guts. only one getting what he wants is taulman. Lark.

Looks like more and more, Taulman has taken a leak in his own bowl of cheerios.

I keep hoping it keeps on track this way and he gets all that is coming to him.

Taulman, If you run out of milk for your cheerios in your camp, just run up a flag and we will all pitch in with some substitute that is suitable for a schmuck like you!

i sent this email to primos this morning. get on their websit, primos.com, and there is place for email, i think i sent mine to customer service. anyway, for whatever it's worth. later, Lark.

just a note to let primos know that as long as they are part and party to united states outfitters and a sponsor of their show and use their services, I will no longer purchase or use primos products or watch their tv show. knowing that I am just one hunter and that the lack of my business will have no effect on primos' bottom line, I still feel that what uso has done to the state of Arizona is nothing other than thievery brought on by pure greed, and by being a sponsor of uso, primos is part of that same thievery. i've always felt primos made decent products and have always enjoyed the tv program, because there is no re-enactment in it, but as long as primos is a part of the uso syndicate, i will never watch again and i'll use a radiator hose with a trojan stretched over the end, before i ever use primos products again. what uso has done is disgusting, no matter what the courts say. i'm a 4th generation Arizona native, one of the "uneducated residents" that uso so proudly proclaimed in their recent newsletter. my dad, who is nearly 80, finally got another Arizona elk tag, after 18 years, and it's only his 3rd in his entire life. with the rules new and with uso's "hunter pools" most Arizonans can forget ever getting another elk permit. just rich folks, like the primos staff, will be able to get drawn now. uso is a sorry organizaton run by sorry greedy people, that treats it's everyday, working class clients like trash. i can't believe that primos wants to be associated with that type of organization. i have more respect for child molesters. anyway, enough venom. and again, I am just one hunter, but there are a bunch of us "one hunters", and added up, we make a difference. sincerely, Lark Hubbard, real hunter, Queen Creek, Arizona. p.s. i know you won't respond and will only laugh at my note, but i really don't care.