I received the Email news letter from the ADA today.

Not being a member of the ADA I do not know how they really feel about the opportunity over Quality of hunts but its seems to me that they are all for what the G-F is doing with moving the hunts out of the rut to increase opportunity, even providing a link to G-F web site with the story about the survey.

Could some of you members please tell me how the ADA feels about this matter

Mike

The ADA board definitely does NOT support more opportunity over quality.

Maybe wetmule (or Amanda) can give the details of the official position, but I can tell you it is a hot topic and they are lobbying as much as possible against the proposed guideline changes.

S.

:)

This is what was in the email.

The way it is worded does not really say they appose it.

That is why I asked.

Mike

Hunt structures evolving to provide more hunting opportunities

Public meetings set to gather hunter input on hunt guidelines

How important is it to you to get drawn for a tag more frequently?

A two-pronged telephone and Internet survey conducted by Responsive Management of Harrisonburg, Va., for the Arizona Game and Fish Department shows the majority of last year’s hunt applicants believe that more opportunity to go hunting is essential to keeping them in the game.

The department is continuing to address ways to increase hunter opportunity, and hunters will have a more practical opportunity to see their views translated into specific hunt management proposals during the upcoming hunt guideline meetings being conducted in June by the Arizona Game and Fish Department.

I received the same e-mail and viewed it as a neutral message to convey information, and not as any ADA position statement. Hopefully, we sportsmen will make educated, lucid questions and position statements at the meetings or via e-mail

Doug~RR

I think the ADA has stated their position at the azgfd meetings, the ADA has stated repeatedly that there should be more quality hunts and not so much emphasis on quantity. I don't know if you took the ADA survey a few years ago, it pointed that out too, but the commission dismissed it ( at least three of the members did). The newsletter that you got I believe was just an overview of what the meetings are about, and that you need to let your voice be heard. If you ever have a question or wonder what the ADA does you can go to a meeting, they are held on the third Tuesday every month, this month it is the 19th. The location changes, but if anyone is interested just ask and the location and directions can be posted.

Hopefully wetmule will post his thoughts on this as well as Amanda.