Sign in to follow this  
fdh88

Ruger American

I'm looking at the Ruger American chambered in .308. Most reviews I've read are favorable. Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? I'm just curious to know what the quality is like due to the low price.

Its a decent gun for the money, but it is basically an entry level rifle. It is comparable to the savage axis.

I have a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor and it shoots 1/2" groups with factory ammo. I am very happy with the rifle and would recommend it to anyone.

You should check out the review of the Ruger American rifle in G&A (available on line) and then check out the new Ruger Precision Rifle. Both use the same bolt system, and have borrowed design concepts from Savage in that the trigger resembles the Accutriger and the barrel is secured to the action by a barrel nut. I do not own a Ruger bolt action, but I can tell you that both rifles peak my interest. The Precision Rifle is featured in the August issue of American Rifleman where it is discussed in detail.

The trend will continue. the number of barrel lug and adjustable blade type triggers have exploded. Nearly everyone has on these days ruger savage Remington mossberg. It makes for a good shooter at a very low cost.