Sign in to follow this  
gnoto

Unit 36 A White Tail Nov Hunt

Not sure how I ended up with 36a for Nov. Probably screwedup the application, but thats what I have. Never been on 36A usually hunt 36 b Trying to figure out where to go. I can take Mt Road south and work in from there or McGee Ranch from the East and go in from there. Not sure about fences or roads in the unit. Is it generally accessable via road up into the 4000 ft range. I have a big high 4x4

Edited by gnoto

Qnoto, Check out the Arizona G&F website. For this particular unit their information is quite good. There are 3 mountain ranges in the unit, the Las Guijas, the Cerro Colorados and the Sierritas. Your best bet is to start scouting and checking out the country yourself. I have this tag and I put in for it on purpose. :(

Edited by Arizona Griz

For some reason there are a ton of deer in the higher end of the Sierritas. I am always astounded by the numbers in that little range of hills. It can be tough hunting but you will see some deer. You should have no problem finding a buck in the area you are planning on hunting. Listen to Arizonagriz as far as scouting is concerned, seems like alot of Tucson guys show up on opening day in that unit, just cruising around throwing down Budlights and glassing from the truck, for the old Muy Grande. If you have a deer found beforehand and are set up on or close to him on opening morning your chances should increase 10 fold. Good luck

Bret M.

I appreciate the advise. I ahve scouted the Sierrita range and am convinced this is the best place. I am a bit concerned about how many hunters will be in the area. One reason I am looking to get upa bit higher in the range. Amy advise on entering from the MCGee Ranch road side. I am hoping I can get pretty far back and up to 4000 ft. To most avoid others would you suggest entering Sierrita range from the Sierrita MT road rt 86 or MC Gee Ranch or come in from the south off Arivaca Rd. Thanks for the help my name is George. I have a brown 89 f150.

I hope to get in the night before the hunt and see what all those Bud Light guys kick up.

Plan on seeing quite a few hunters in the Sierritas. I hunted some on the south side last year and there were a lot of hunters down low. As is normally the case try to get above the rest and have them drive the deer up to you. :( There is actually to much public access on the south side which provides a good reason for a lot of hunters to flock there.

Access is limited through the McGee ranch, there is a locked gate that takes you up the mountain. I am not sure if they grant access to hunters if they ask. I do know that there is alot of access on the south side of the Sierritas from Sasabe RD.

what do you think about coming in fro the north sieritta mt road. up the fresnal wash I think ther is an open road

some place near the Fresnal Wash off 286 around steven s mtn Can I get in from ther with a truck. West side

Thanks

gnoto,

If you made a mistake applying for 36A November, then the Gods must be smiling upon you!!!! In my book that hunt is one of the top in the State right now for a good coues. My wife, daughter and I all drew that as our first choice. Good luck on your hunt. I'd give you some help, but if my wife and daughter found out, it would be my butt!!!!!

Kirk Kelso

Kirk

I do not want you in a jam with the wife so I understand. My first chocie is usually 36 B knowing the area well. I am verry happy about drawing 36A, but thought I had it as second choice. I figured I would get my first choice 36b Good mistake i got my first chocie 36 a.

Bull

Cerro Colorados I will spend at least 2 days there.

Gonna try to get up by Gunsight maybe Stevens MTS. I hope to be able to drive in from the North on Sierrita Mtn rd then around to the SouthEast past Diamond Bar. I Hope to get a few scounts in between now and then.

Thanks

GN

Griz

Just wondering since its seems pretty easy to get ther efrom Arivaca how crowded doe sit get. Not always so bad if I'm sitting and Glassing they are working for me.

how about I go up there a week early and cut some trees to block the roads! oh yea no trees.