Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Pointing in the sun methods

So I have a decent spot but I think I would get better pics if my camera faced south. I would capture my spring and trails leading better.

I've heard that facing into the sun makes for bad pics.

Should I not try it or is there a way shade the camera so the sun doesn't effect it?

It's down in a canyon so it maybe less affected by th e sun

Not a cam person as all here know ... But you can always locate your spot on Google earth .... Go to ground view where it will be placed and look that direction ... then go through the days with sun movement .. will show each day exactly how the sun will be hitting the canyon and that spot

also a good way to scout glassing locations .... good way to see how those shadows will be moving through out the day

• Like 2

If the camera stays inthe shade most of the day, the sun won't have muh effect on anything. You could also try to make some sort of shade that goes over lense. This can help

You tend to get more false triggers when facing south but the pics will be ok. Get a big SD card and fresh batteries and you will be ok. Maybe set the cam with a 2 minute delay since its on water anyway? That way you won't fill up your card as fast.

Yea it's pretty deep in this canyon. I suspect it will ok. At least worth a try. Thx for card and Google suggestions.

I think east and western facing cams have more problems in the summer cuz the noon sun is directly overhead. I think southern facing cameras become more of an issue in the winter months when the sun is low on the horizon.