Sign in to follow this  
brademan76

Remington 700 Safety (Gunsmithing) Help

I recently replaced the trigger on an old 700BDL and have had a couple issue trying to get the safety put back together. I somehow snapped off the prong on the detent bar (top left) so ordered a new one. Well I had that delivered and it must be just a hair thicker, because when I tried to put the C-clip in place it just wouldn't set into the groove on the pin... now after forcing that too much, I've got a broken C-clip. Does anyone in the valley have any of these parts laying around where I could come by and snag a couple to try and get this safety operating like its supposed to?

Always seems like the (supposed to be) quick, simple little projects like these turn into big headaches!! :angry:

p_758000011_1.jpg

Rifle Basix trigger 1.5-4# adjustable. Price was right and its nice a clean breaking trigger. I've never squeezed Timney's version but this is a huge improvement over the stock trigger.

I have a couple X mark pro triggers lying around, and maybe a 40X. Not sure if any of the components will match up. I'll take a look when I get home and if it looks like it will work (based on the photo you provided) I will PM you.

• Like 1

Sorry man, X mark pro trigger will not work. You need the components from a 40X trigger. Thought I had one, but could not find it. Good luck.

• Like 1

I have a pile of stock triggers as well if you need one....or 3

JJ, do the stock triggers have the safety assemblies with them?

Thanks for the help JJ_Gibbs. You the man!

Problem solved, all. Thanks for the input.