Sign in to follow this  
naturegirl

Good luck to everyone who is heading out this weekend!

I'll be sitting out opener for the first time, but I'm celebrating because I was given extra time with my daughter instead. I will be daydreaming, though, about all the bucks I've been seeing until I make it back up closer to my bull hunt.

God's country was plumb full of critters last week. I'm amazed at how many bucks I'm seeing. These were within bow range and all seemed plenty small enough for me to tackle solo as my first deer kill. I swear that biggest buck wanted to walk right into me.

post-5072-0-60884700-1439921090_thumb.jpg

post-5072-0-15570700-1439921217_thumb.jpg

post-5072-0-63930800-1439921345_thumb.jpg

Don't forget an OTC turkey tag & to check the expiration date of your hunting license. I was one of the dumb ones who had 2 licenses at once so now mine is about to expire.

post-5072-0-18614000-1439921430_thumb.jpg

And take a shot at one of these if you get a chance! I find them very challenging with a bow & have missed a ton, but connected with an arrow once :)

post-5072-0-61016900-1439921488_thumb.jpg

post-5072-0-81579600-1439921845_thumb.jpg

Archery deer means we are getting closer to elk season!!!!!

• Like 2

^^^What naturegirl said ^^^ Best of luck to everyone heading out this weekend! I'll be out south with my buddy, Dad and Grandfather trying to stick a buck in this summer heat! If you see a Gold F150 with a SD chargers sticker on rear window don't be a stranger.

- Vincent

I'm barely going to do any archery till December hunt but I do have a rifle coues tag

Great pics. I'd be tempted to shoot that one with the messed up antler on the side of his head.

I will be chasing bear with rifle instead of deer with a bow this fall. That being said I am now guaranteed to be within bow range of a monster buck and have the wrong weapon

• Like 1

Great Pic's as usual Nature Girl. Good luck to all that are heading out