Sign in to follow this  
bbrochu

Southern Arizona Water Project Opportunities

Hello All,

Anyone interested in helping build wildlife water catchments in the south/southeast part of the state? My goal is to get a group of people together who would volunteer their time, labor and equipment to help build water catchments. The Yuma Valley Rod and Gun Club has a similar group of people who work on approximately 5 projects each year (usually 1 sometimes 2 per weekend). The group works with regional Game and Fish personnel to accomplish this. It is amazing to see how many people (young and old) come out to volunteer. Many also donate the use of their equipment such as welders, bobcats, backhoes, and even excavators. The projects are accomplished in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost with everyone working together. This in-kind match results in significant cost savings and means more money to do more projects on the ground. If you are interested in helping out, email me at bbrochu@azgfd.gov. Please note if you are willing to donate the use of any equipment for projects and what areas you are interested in. I will try and keep a working list of those willing to help out. Just a heads up...I have 2 mule deer water projects planned for this year during the cooler months (fall-spring).

Thanks,

Ben Brochu

Wildlife Manager U37B

Arizona Game and Fish Dept.

Office: (520) 229-3222

Email: bbrochu@azgfd.gov

e-mail sent

Thanks,

Dan H

Ben,

Thanks for taking the time to peak in hear at CW.com.....WELCOME. I'm interested as well. Send me a PM.

Thanks

Hello All,

Thanks for your interest. I'll keep everyone well informed of upcoming project opportunities. I'm keeping a list of all volunteers that I can email directly in the future.

Thanks again,

Ben Brochu

Wildlife Manager U37B