Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

Giant Archery Arizona Coues Buck by Hunter James Dudley

I finally got around to listening to this podcast. What an amazing story. I love that everything came together for you. You definitely deserved this buck.

One question that I had as I listened: I believe you said the other two bucks were with your buck when you found him on the day that you got him. How did they factor into the stalk as far as having to avoid the extra noses and eyes?

• Like 1

Thx Daryl_s, I actually busted one of the bucks when I was about 100 yds. from the big buck. We never saw him and I thought the big buck was going to bust for sure, but i got lucky and he stayed put. The third buck was across the canyon and he never knew anything.

• Like 1

Just listened to the podcast this morning on the way into work. I really enjoyed the back story. Just a normal Joe like most of us.

I was tipped off about Jay's podcasts a few months ago right before my spring turkey hunt, been hooked ever since. I began jumping around a bit on them and soon figured out they are too darn good to miss. So I started from episode 1 back in May. Just finished episode 69 to work my way up to present day.

Great buck, even better story. Thank you both for sharing.

• Like 1

Was this buck ever officially scored, as James said he was going to do? I've never seen any reference to an official score or seen it entered.

Sign in to follow this