Sign in to follow this  
2-134

Found Pistol

My method is to keep a file in Dropbox, as well as to email myself the spreadsheet and save it. I like both because I can access them from anywhere. I also keep an extensive list of all the accessories (optics, lights, sights, etc). That way they can also spot a trend and leave breadcrumbs hopefully when something gets lost.

• Like 1

I keep a list of anything with a serial number, guns, scopes, bows, etc. Not only for the purpose of recovery in the event of theft but for insurance purposes.

CHECK WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY!! Many homeowners and renters policies only cover a certain amount for firearms! In my case it is $4000 of firearms/related optics.... That doesn't add up to much. I had to purchase a valuable personal property policy for the remainder. I put every weapon and serial on the policy but I have the peace of mind if anything happens.... oh and the VPP policy covers accidents as well (gun falls off the truck, falls out of the boat etc)

• Like 1

Crazy story......my son's wife got a knock at the door by the cops one day.....looking for the owner of a vehicle, description fitting their vehicle and the plate on their vehicle.(which was not their plate)

Turns out somebody had swapped plates on my son's truck... and that plate was on a truck that was involved in a crime.

Spooky thing to have happen so along with your list of serial numbers add all your vehicle and trailer plates.

I keep a list of anything with a serial number, guns, scopes, bows, etc. Not only for the purpose of recovery in the event of theft but for insurance purposes.

CHECK WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY!! Many homeowners and renters policies only cover a certain amount for firearms! In my case it is $4000 of firearms/related optics.... That doesn't add up to much. I had to purchase a valuable personal property policy for the remainder. I put every weapon and serial on the policy but I have the peace of mind if anything happens.... oh and the VPP policy covers accidents as well (gun falls off the truck, falls out of the boat etc)

Yep, happened to my buddy from work, he went to shift one morning and the thieves knew his work schedule. Unfortunately he didn't have records of his serial numbers of his firearms, and therefore he was SOL from insurance being able to prove what he had was stolen and he didn't receive a dime from them. Save mine on iCloud