Sign in to follow this  
WampusCat

MGB Ascent custom sight question

I have a question for those of you who may be "in the know."

Websites like S & S archery offer custom built Montana Black Gold sights.

In the options list for the Ascent model, you can select a "single up pin" option for the housing.

You can also custom build the Ascent Ambush which is the single pin version of the Ascent sight.

Price with a 4" dovetail is about $15 difference between the two sights. I can't find any literature out there regarding the differences in the sights configured as single pin setups.

Am I gaining or giving up anything by choosing the one vs. the other?

Thanks for any insight you may have. Next stop is a phone call to S&S.

Something to check on the single pin regular ascent model is if the pin is vertical or horizontal. I think that was the main difference when i ordered the ambush. I wanted the vertical pin. Just personal preference. I have since moved back to a 5 pin.

Wampus- Just double checked-- I have a MBG Ascent Ambush it is single vertical pin, I ordered a custom build with .010 green pin, 4" dovetail and the yardage tape that faces the shooter (this is now standard I believe) best of luck, you'll love it!

Wampus- Just double checked-- I have a MBG Ascent Ambush it is single vertical pin, I ordered a custom build with .010 green pin, 4" dovetail and the yardage tape that faces the shooter (this is now standard I believe) best of luck, you'll love it!

Thanks!

I should be more clear though. The sight you describe is exactly what I wanted. After purchasing it and reviewing my order online I realized I had ordered a different sight.

I ordered the regular Ascent (not the Ambush version I wanted). During the custom build process I selected the single vertical pin option. (This option is probably why I didn't realize what I had done)

My question was to see if anyone knew if what I am getting will be substantially different then the Ambush I intended to buy.

I just got an email saying it shipped so I guess I'm all in now.

I think what you will get should be almost an exact replica of an ascent ambush. The range adjustment dial, lockdown, housing, etc are all the same between the two. Hope it works well for ya!