Sign in to follow this  
AZ RANGER

Vanguard PH-113v tripod head.

I've purchased and use this head (2 of them). It is adequate. Somewhat stiff, the fluid action varies depending on temperature. It's a decent head for the $$$ but I'd recommend spending more if using the head for video. The "fluid" feature is somewhat overstated, especially in cold weather.

Thanks for the info Swivelhead. I should have mentioned that I will only be using it for glassing with my 12x50 els. No video. Does it pan well enough to easily bump them with my nose while glassing in the cold?

I am tempted to buy the outdoorsmans micro head but my son needs a new head right now too and that's just too much money.

Nose bumping with the 113 in cold weather is marginal. I did disassemble one of the heads and remove some of the "goo", it definitely helped with the "nose bump". PIA to disassemble, factory used thread locker. Make sure you've got tight fitting tools should you decide to take it apart.

If you're only using binoculars (no spotter) I'd recommend the 111. Pans much easier. Remember, these heads are Chinese manufacture ......

Swivelhead I think you convinced to go another route. Thinking the 700rc2 now. Thanks again.

Casey, I'm already working... or at least claiming 20 haha.

• Like 1