Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Question about the Draw and purchasing a License

Maybe I'm getting oldtimers but wasn't it possible to purchase a license only if you were drawn when putting in for big game tags?

The nice people at G&F said this was never the case. A on-resident friend was going to put in for the spring hunts but decided not to because he didn't want to purchase a license if he wasn't going to be drawn.

Si if there are leftovers and he does purchase a license can I go down when the first come first serve tags go onsale and using his license info purchase a tag OTC?

Maybe I'm getting oldtimers but wasn't it possible to purchase a license only if you were drawn when putting in for big game tags?

The nice people at G&F said this was never the case. A on-resident friend was going to put in for the spring hunts but decided not to because he didn't want to purchase a license if he wasn't going to be drawn.

Si if there are leftovers and he does purchase a license can I go down when the first come first serve tags go onsale and using his license info purchase a tag OTC?

Years ago you were able to enter the draw and Mark a box saying issue me a license only if I'm drawn; however that ended after the law suit and AZ started the you must buy a license to apply for hunts.

Yes if you have your buddies info and he wants a leftover tag you can fill out the app put in his info and get him a leftover

• Like 1

x2 above, that was possible before USO sued the Department over the up to 10% cap on tags for NR's. Yes you should be able to buy his tag if he has a license.