Sign in to follow this  
Maverick351

24B behind pinto valley mine

I hunted it about 12 years ago when my son had an any antlered tag but haven't been in there since. Let me know if I can answer any of your questions. There are both Mule Deer and Coues in there.

Mainly curious about how to get back there and the conditions. Looking to put the wife in a blind. First coues, sorry if me reporting any illegal activity I've found has either disrupted your hunt or upset you. My apologies to all the criminals who get upset about being reported on.

• Like 2

Guest 300ultramag.

24b has some good country. I have seen coues at all elevations. Hate to be cliche but get out go over a few ridges and see what ya find.

• Like 1

I plan on making the trip there. I wasn't asking for anyone to give me some secret spot or put me on deer. I just had some questions about back there. I am trying to get a blind set up for my wife. She wont be fully cleared medically to climb all over the place and hike all day so a blind seemed best. Hence why I asked to be pmed about it. To those that did and answered my questions thank you.

there are people out there still dumb enough to tell you where to start

Your comment implies that I am dumb for answering his question.... Unfortunately there are too many individuals, like you, afraid that helping someone with a question is going to hurt you or your hunting spots... There are several other ways to get into the wilderness north of and between the mines and lots of land with lots of game. Unless you are a road hunter giving someone the name of a road should not hurt you in the least bit.

Do you think that affects their meat? Living near the mine and drinking that water and what not

Probably its pretty nasty water that sits in a lined pond. Its a mixture of sulfuric acid , electrolyte , kerosene etc etc ..Some ponds are purely storm water ponds but most of them are not. Stuff burns a hole in jeans and it contaminates the ground water thats why the ponds are lined.

there are quiet a few tanks that are not Toxic mine ponds around the mine as well ....

To be honest I've never hunted near the mine site personally so everything I see is mostly on the mine sites during work and the deer love to hang out on the mine sites. Seen plenty of white tail in Green Valley , lots of muleys in Pinto Valley and Miami, lots of big horn sheep in Morenci etc etc..

• Like 1