Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

Ruger American

I agree and would not argue that, the 4000 with the 50 grainer has me scratching my head.

Argue with the manufacturer. I just shoot the bullets.

http://www.hornady.com/store/22-250-Rem-50-gr-V-MAX-Superformance/

Velocity increase examples include:
  • 222 Remington with 50 gr V-MAX at 3,345 feet per second (delivers 223 Remington Ballistics!!)
  • 223 Remington at 3,465 feet per second pushing 53 gr V-MAX bullet that has been optimized for peak performance from the 223 Remington chamber. This new bullet boasts an amazing .290 BC that enables this load to produce trajectory and wind drift equaling that of a conventional 22-250!
  • 22-250 Remington loaded with the 50 gr V-MAX at 4,000 feet per second
  • 243 Winchester Superformance Varmint load pushing a 58 gr V-Max at 3,925 feet per second

I've seen 4000 fps in a 45 grain factory load so I cant say I'm surprised. It was to fast though for the twist the barrel had and the bullets would separate before hitting the target.

Yeah and I guess its true. Most don't ever try and get optimal accuracy out of a gun as they never really shoot it enough to know or care so it doesn't matter. I know some who wont sight in there rifles for years. How they kill anything is beyond me. Lucky I guess