Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Effects of so many monsters killed on the strip this year

The genetics are there, even if the age class drops, the younger bucks still have the genetic potential. Also don't forget, these areas border the national park that always have mature monsters living on them all the time every year. Friends saw several while hunting 13a this year that were living the high life in the safety of the GC Park areas...

• Like 2

If tag numbers stay the same or go up the a lot less big bucks will be killed.13A and 13B have the same number of deer now that they had 10 years back around 1500 each.Every time you get a new GM in the unit the tag numbers goes up?If the tag number stayed down around 35 to 40 you could hold the bigger bucks taken longer.Not every 13 hunter kills a older buck,I have seen many 2-3 and small 4 pionts in camps-?????I have asked why they shot such a small buck many think it just a strip buck or don't think the tag they have is a big deal!!!!Lower tags more big bucks more tags less big bucks,if you want bigger bucks don't kill little ones!!!!!!

If tag numbers stay the same or go up the a lot less big bucks will be killed.13A and 13B have the same number of deer now that they had 10 years back around 1500 each.Every time you get a new GM in the unit the tag numbers goes up?If the tag number stayed down around 35 to 40 you could hold the bigger bucks taken longer.Not every 13 hunter kills a older buck,I have seen many 2-3 and small 4 pionts in camps-?????I have asked why they shot such a small buck many think it just a strip buck or don't think the tag they have is a big deal!!!!Lower tags more big bucks more tags less big bucks,if you want bigger bucks don't kill little ones!!!!!!

Yeah cut the # of tags and no more harvesting little guys and in 5 years when the # of deer keeps increasing see how many fewer truly huge bucks are being harvested? culling small bucks can be just as important as harvesting mature bucks , especially if followed by a year or years of lower than average vegetation growth. Total # of deer or elk to the size of a range directly impacts the quality of bucks and bulls as well as does and cows and birthing rate.

• Like 1

Yea that stupidity has worked so well for the lower part of the states deer herd!!!!!!!!How many 200 inch bucks were killed in 7-18a-22!!!!I The 13 numbers stay the same for the deer herd since the mid 90's before that the unit was closed to deer hunting.The reason was deer numbers were very low and it was due to over hunting the unit!!!!!I have hunted the northern units for 40 plus years and the only thing that hurts deer numbers is AZG&F increasing tag numbers.