Sign in to follow this  
FB67

.030 Diference to O-Give on Berger 210 LRBT

I have been shooting the 210 LRBT Bergers in my 300 Win with good success. I picked up a older box of them and they are .030 longer to o-give then the last 200 I have shot. Has anyone seen this before ?

Yup. I've had a similar problem only it was meplat to ogive that was the problem. I had a reamer built around some dummy rounds with the 6.5 140s to fit my magazine, maximize powder capacity and kiss the lands. A new lot of bullets (500 count box) put me over mag length and unfortunately, my best accuracy was just on the lands. I was not happy about that.

That issue works for some guys. It doesn't work for me. It's one of the reasons I don't get too hung up on them.

Thanks for the replies. I think I am having the same issue you had .308 Nut, I may have stated it incorrectly in my original post. I have to seat the round .030 longer to be .050 off the lands so the Meplat to O-give is shorter or less then the last batch of rounds I used. Not sure if I am saying this right but there is a difference none the less. Since I am not hunting with them competing for a fancy trophy or bragging rights, I will go out a shoot them look at the results and see how they perform. Fortunately they still chamber ok so no issue there.

One should simply take a caliper and measure the bullet length and look at the meplats in any box of Berger bullets. You are likely to see a disturbing amount of variation. 6-7 thousands is not uncommon and the meplat shapes are all over the place. I shoot 210 VLDs and 185 OTC tactical .308 caliber