IA Born

San Diego Fishing Options for Spring Break

I seem to have lost the "Where we're going for spring break" discussion. I pushed for a long weekend on the San Juan, but it looks like we're ging to San Diego. I do, however, have the go-ahead to plan a fishing trip (family trip) for a day! I know there are tons of boats and charters over there from a quick search. Can anyone here make some recommendations for a good, quality outfit that has half-day trips (only option given) and won't break the bank? I know you get what you pay for, but this isn't my first rodeo on booking charters. I want something reasonably priced that will have my kids (11 & 8) on fish, having fun, but not land us on Gilligan's Island. I appreciate any help!

The San Diego out of Seaforth usually runs 3/4 day trips, so if you can manage that go for it. The captain on the San Diego is excellent. If not the New Seaforth does AM/PM half day trips. I have fished with Point Loma and Seaforth in last year and think the boats and crew out of Seaforth are solid.

I looked into the San Diego and a 9-10 hour day isn't going to work. I saw the New Seaforth 1/2-day trips, but I'm actually hoping for a smaller boat for just me and my family. I probably wouldn't do well in a big boat setting. Any ideas/recommendations for a smaller boat that is for 4-6 people? Thanks for the input so far, though!

Back in the spring this member: murfys69law said he booked a private charter for $450, maybe try asking him.

Thanks for the tips, guys!