Sign in to follow this  
Camofreak

Wall tent shrunk

I have a 12x14 Montana canvas tent, i took it out on the late elk hunt this year and noticed it shrunk like 10"! The skirting was just barely touching the ground, ive had it setup in the yard for a little while now trying to get it to stretch out.

Any ideas on how to get it to stretch back out? I dont want to cut the poles because ill lose the height of the walls, and these are the nice aluminum poles.

I have the 12x17 Montana canvas with the Kwik Kamp frame, which is an awesome set up. When I first got it I set it up in the august heat with a sprinkler over the top and one inside it for most of a day then let it dry. That was 16 years ago and I have never sealed it and it has never leaked a drop.

I have had to cut the leg poles down twice, a total of probably 8 inches. I also ended up cutting down each rafter pole about 3 inches so that the sides of the tent would line up again. I have never had to cut the ridge poles, for some reason it does not shrink lengthwise.

I used a tubing cutter for EMT conduit and it made perfect cuts.

Sounds like a pain but I really have not noticed much difference in size, and it has been a solid setup for years in some pretty miserable weather.

• Like 1

I have the 12x17 Montana canvas with the Kwik Kamp frame, which is an awesome set up. When I first got it I set it up in the august heat with a sprinkler over the top and one inside it for most of a day then let it dry. That was 16 years ago and I have never sealed it and it has never leaked a drop.

I have had to cut the leg poles down twice, a total of probably 8 inches. I also ended up cutting down each rafter pole about 3 inches so that the sides of the tent would line up again. I have never had to cut the ridge poles, for some reason it does not shrink lengthwise.

I used a tubing cutter for EMT conduit and it made perfect cuts.

Sounds like a pain but I really have not noticed much difference in size, and it has been a solid setup for years in some pretty miserable weather.

Good info. Thanks dude!