Sign in to follow this  
jaymzth007

My new baby

Nice setup! If the draw gods smile on me here in the next few weeks, I'll be upgrading my setup as well. I might even if I don't draw. Over the past couple of weeks I thought I had shot and tested just about every bow out there, but missed this one. I'll have to go back to Bear Mountain and check it out.

Of the bows I tried the top four were the Hoyt Defiant, Matthews Halon, Prime Rize, and Elite Impulse. Of these four the Rize and Impulse are the clear leaders. I found these two bows to feel and shoot extremely similar making my choice really tough! Both are super smooth, almost zero vibration, ridiculously solid back walls, and let off that you can hold all day. Hard to beat Prime's deal of free new strings every two years for life, I love the Kuiu Verde pattern of the Impulse, the back and forth list goes on and on. Going to be a tough decision.

• Like 1

The Obsessions are the cats meow. Sacrifice a few fps and shoot the 7' inch brace height. Unless you are a machine. The 10 fps compared to consistency is well worth losing but gaining.

Nice setup! If the draw gods smile on me here in the next few weeks, I'll be upgrading my setup as well. I might even if I don't draw. Over the past couple of weeks I thought I had shot and tested just about every bow out there, but missed this one. I'll have to go back to Bear Mountain and check it out.

Of the bows I tried the top four were the Hoyt Defiant, Matthews Halon, Prime Rize, and Elite Impulse. Of these four the Rize and Impulse are the clear leaders. I found these two bows to feel and shoot extremely similar making my choice really tough! Both are super smooth, almost zero vibration, ridiculously solid back walls, and let off that you can hold all day. Hard to beat Prime's deal of free new strings every two years for life, I love the Kuiu Verde pattern of the Impulse, the back and forth list goes on and on. Going to be a tough decision.

Prime definitely has their stuff together. Their warranty is second to none. And the PCXL cams are awesome. I had an Impact and loved it, just wanted to try something new. Wish I still had it I would have swapped the new cams onto it. Still might get another Prime in the near future just because. Heard alot of good stuff about the Obsessions and have not been disappointed yet. Smooth draw no vibe and fast. I really like shooting this bow.

• Like 1

Nice looking!!

Plenty of models of obsessions in stock at bear mountain to try. Also a good line up of prime and Mathews bows.